IPL 2021: Dry run in the desert ahead of the T20 World Cup

sehwag,ipl 2021,mumbai indians,delhi capitals,chennai super kings,indian premier league,csk,mi

Former India opener Virender Sehwag picked the favorite to win IPL 2021. The 14th edition of the Indian Premier League is the first which is being played in two parts due to the outbreak of Kovid-19 in the middle of the season earlier this year. After 29 matches, the BCCI was forced to postpone the tournament and moved it out of India to the United Arab Emirates.

After a hiatus of four months, the remaining matches of IPL 2021 are set to begin with defending champions Mumbai Indians (MI) taking on Chennai Super Kings (CSK) in Dubai from Sunday.

Earlier, Sehwag had picked Mumbai Indians and Delhi Capitals - last year's finalists - as the favorites to win the IPL.

"Since the second half has been shifted to Dubai and Abu Dhabi, I think Delhi and Mumbai will be the favorites again and the five-time champions are a bit ahead," Sehwag said.

Rohit Sharma-led Mumbai Indians are currently at number four in the points table with 8 points from 7 matches. On the other hand, DC are at the top of the table with 12 points from 8 matches.

Sehwag, who is ready to put money on five-time champions Mumbai Indians if he has to pick a team, believes that the pitch in UAE will be slow and thus Chennai and Bengaluru may face some problems. Is.

"Chennai's average score in India during the first leg was 201, but I think when it comes to UAE pitches, they will be a bit lacking in batting firepower. If I have to pick one team, it will be Mumbai .

He added that for Chennai, after such a long hiatus, it may take "a few more matches" to settle down and "groove".

Sehwag believes that the ICC has given time to change teams till October 10, so there may still be room for some good performers who have missed the bus.

"100%. We have a minimum of seven matches left for the teams. That means you still have a platform to perform and those who are in the field can still influence the Indian selectors which will take the tournament to a close." "Since the ICC allows a window for changing teams, I would not be surprised if there are some changes to the original squad," said the Najafgarh Nawab.

Read Also:

Latest MMM Article